WHAT DO WE MEAN BY MAINTENANCE ENGINEERING?
When we talk about maintenance engineering, we mean a systematic approach aimed at establishing a detailed and efficient maintenance program that allows the company to achieve optimal levels of safety and availability for equipment and structures. Therefore, a detailed maintenance engineering study helps to improve the general safety, availability and operating economy of the company.
Maintenance engineering is applied in all phases of the life of the plants, from design to the “end of useful life” of the same.
Maintenance engineering transforms the partial and short-term vision of ordinary or extraordinary maintenance, which identifies it only as an “unavoidable cost”, transforming it into an opportunity for the company to be more competitive and efficient on the market. Maintenance thus becomes a strategic investment for the company that aims to maximize the profits generated by the use of the plant.
HOW DOES MAINTENANCE ENGINEERING WORK?
Maintenance engineering works through a series of procedures and techniques based on scientific principles in order to achieve significant efficiency improvements in the design, management and control of maintenance.
Simplifying as much as possible, maintenance engineering through software tools analyzes and deduces maintenance improvement proposals from both a technical and management point of view.
These proposals are then put into practice by the “Maintenance Execution” which also takes care of preparing a detailed report on preventive or repair interventions and reports to those who manage maintenance.
In short, a continuous flow of data that is constantly updated to correct or improve interventions.
OBJECTIVES OF MAINTENANCE ENGINEERING
The main objectives are:
- Guarantee the nominal potential and the good state of conservation of the equipment during the operating periods;
- Reduce stopping intervals and the related costs that this entails;
- Restore the optimal state in case of faults, in the shortest possible time;
- Integrate with the various company functions and support the work of maintenance workers;
- Ensure safety for workers, the environment and compliance with current regulations.
STAGES OF MAINTENANCE ENGINEERING
- Data collection and diagnostics: includes all activities aimed at timely and updated collection on the health of the plants;
- Risk assessment for each type of plant present in the company: it includes technical diagnostics through specific devices (for example sensors, thermo resistors, transducers and so on) feasibility studies, cost / benefit analyzes and all those operations aimed at identify risk and danger factors.
- Strategic maintenance planning and periodic verification of the efficiency of machinery through the management of a continuous information flow.
ENGINEERING OF MAINTENANCE IN PROGEPI
Progepi boasts twenty years of experience and expertise in the maintenance engineering sector. Thanks to a multidisciplinary team of engineers, it is able to guarantee its customers considerable advantages in terms of reductions in operating costs, increased productivity and maintaining the value of investments.
Visit our website for more information and discover the works already carried out for leading companies.