A resource integrity management system is an essential component for the proper functioning of the company.
The management and maintenance of Physical assets allows the construction of a robust and reliable system, which can help to improve the control of risks deriving from all conditions and situations that can affect the integrity of activities throughout the life cycle, such as aging of resources, modification of process variables and so on.
A performing resource integrity management system produces tangible results from which the entire corporate culture can benefit and demonstrates corporate responsibility and seriousness towards employees and the environment, as well as compliance with current regulations.
PHASES OF IMPLEMENTATION OF ASSETS INTEGRITY MANAGEMENT
The program includes the following phases:
- Collection of data concerning the Assets both at the time of design and current: this involves a precise analysis and evaluation through the use of advanced Risk Assessment tools.
- Planning of monitoring inspections and maintenance with the collection and continuous updating concerns the operating status, defects and failures, repair measures and replacement of equipment, design changes and so on.
- Assessment of risks and criticalities and effective management of the various production activities.
- Maintenance planning: optimization in the management of stocks and spare parts, improvement of the performance of external maintenance contractors, who will operate according to a clear TIMS activity plan and finally optimization of internal organizational processes.
ADVANTAGES OF ASSET INTEGRITY MANAGEMENT
Proper management of Assets Integrity, as well as ensuring safety and minimizing the impact on the environment and the probability of catastrophic events, has the following advantages:
- Real and constant updating on the status of strategic resources for the company;
- Reduction of plant failures, with consequent interruption of the production cycle;
- Reduction of maintenance times and costs for the entire life cycle of the plants;
- Maintenance of the business in conditions of suitability for the requested service, while extending the residual life span in a reliable, safe and economical way.
FIELDS OF APPLICATION
The main industrial sector in which Asset Integrity Management is applied is the oil and gas sector, including the refining and production of electricity and chemicals industries.
The importance of Assets Integrity in some sectors is fundamental as in the “Marine & Offshore” where the consequences of a malfunction and an accident can cause damage to people and the environment.
In this sector there are massive plants such as fixed platforms, floating and exploration units, ships and plants operating on the seabed that carry out their activities in a hostile environment and exposed to external conditions that cause a rapid deterioration. For this reason, asset monitoring must be constant and scrupulous.
Progepi with professionalism and competence offers its customers a targeted and customized Physical Assets management and maintenance service to implement and manage an Assets Integrity program compliant with regulations and effective.
Contact us for more information.